Apple finally joined Google and Amazon in the home assistant race, with their latest release, the Apple HomePod. If you’re an Apple person, and you swear by all Apple products, then this device is for you!
This Siri speaker is said to offer the best sound quality, when compared to other devices. The HomePod is equipped with spatial awareness, allowing it to tune its seven speakers and automatically adjust to produce the best sound quality. Apple’s goal was to eliminate background noise and effects that might be created from the room the HomePod is placed in. What does all this mean? It means that the Apple HomePod will sound richer and fuller than most speakers.
Not only do the speakers deliver superb sound quality, but the microphone is also amazing. The Apple HomePod’s microphone can detect the “Hey Siri” command over loud music, from other rooms, through behind closed doors, and even rooms with echoes.
Other Features of Apple HomePod
The Apple HomePod can handle everything from giving you the latest news, traffic, and weather updates to controlling your smart home products. Because the device is heavily integrated with Apple Music, Siri will learn your taste in music, and become your own, personal DJ. You can even ask Siri for more information about any of the songs that are playing on the pod.
Some other features include:
- Sending and receiving text messages
- Changing the device’s voice. If you don’t feel like using Siri, you can choose either a male or female voice that has a British, American, or Australian accent.
- Using the HomePod as a speakerphone. While you can’t make phone calls, you can use the HomePod as a speakerphone. Once the call is in progress, you can transfer it from your phone to your pod.
- Disabling Siri. While the point of this device is to have Siri readily available, you can tell Siri to stop listening. Once you’re ready, you can easily reactivate her.
- Writing and editing notes. It may not seem like much, but this skill sets the HomePod apart from other devices. If you’d like to write a note, just say “Hey Siri, create a note,” then dictate whatever you need.
If you’d like to get the most out of your HomePod, it’s best to have an Apple Music subscription and your smart home devices integrated with the Apple HomeKit platform.
You can purchase the Apple HomePod at Apple, starting at $349.99