Thank you!For bringing computer to Southern New England Computer Services for your Computer Repair/Support.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have high speed internet and you do not get online after hooking your computer up, proceed to do the following:
- If your cable modem (the box you get from your internet service provider) has a reset button on it, press it and wait for the lights to reset
- Unplug your cable modem’s power for 5 minutes
- Shut down your computer
- After 5 minutes, plug your cable modem back in
- When the online light is lit, turn your computer on and you should be online again
If you do not hear any sound:
- Make sure you have your speaker wire plugged into the GREEN port on the back of your computer.
- Be sure your volume (small gray circle or speaker symbol next to the clock on your desktop) is not muted or turned all the way down.
Are you icons to big or to small? Adjust your screen resolutions.
- Right click on any blank space on your desktop.
- Click “Properties” (or in Vista/Windows 7 “Personalize”)
- Click the “Settings” tab (or in Vista/Windows 7 “Display Settings”)
- Slide the resolution bar to the screen size desired.
- Click OK once you have the desired resolution.
- Standard size is 1024×768, for a widescreen Monitor it is 1280×720
What are those new icons on my desktop?
Google Chrome is an alternative browser to Internet Explorer. Google Chrome is a small, lightweight and safe browser that has many advantages over Internet Explorer.
Do I need to Backup my computer?
All systems fail, it is just a matter of time. It is very important to backup at least once a month or after a big change to the amount of files on the system (ex: new batch of pictures, updated financial software, huge school project due, etc…):
- Backup anything in My Documents
- Backup your Favorites
- Backup your E-mails & Address Book/Contacts
- Backup any other important files such as Quicken, QuickBooks, Turbo Tax, etc.
- Burn these files to DVD, CD or copy them to a USB thumb drive or external hard drive
- A true backup is when the files are stored in at least 2 different places, you can keep the originals on your system and in the backup media at the same time for added security
- If you can’t remember this or find it a hassle, come in a purchase an automatic backup solution from SNECS, LLC.
Checkout Home Solutions
All of the Home Solutions plans are packed with wonderful software and features. From business class antivirus software to unlimited offsite backup, and much more.