Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question for SNECS that you think might already be asked? Well here is a list of the most common
Frequently Asked Questions that we get.
I need computer help. What do I do?
No need to worry. Simply bring in the computer and any necessary CD’s or media that came with the computer into our store. If the system is a laptop or printer, please make sure you bring the AC adapter along with the laptop or printer. We do not need any additional cables when you bring in your desktop. No need for an appointment, simply drop it off. Click here for store hours.
How long do I have to wait to get my computer back?
We generally have a 24 to 48 hour turn-around time. It may be longer depending on the complexity of the problem, and if we need to order parts.
What makes you better than Best Buy, Staples, or Dell
Our prices are very reasonable. Only $49.00 for a system diagnostics, not $100.00 like Best Buy. We carry a huge amount of inventory so you don’t have to wait 3-6 weeks to get your system back.
- We stand behind our service & products 100%.
- We have local staff that will tell you in plain English what is wrong with your computer.
- We do not outsource to other countries for tech support. If something is wrong with your system, simply bring it in and we will fix it ASAP.
- Also, you only deal with one tech working on your system, not 8 different techs at the large chains who rarely care if you’re happy in the end.
- Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority.
What sort of warranties do you offer on your systems?
- Generally our new systems come with a 120 day warranty unless you upgrade to 1, 2, or 3 year(s) for an additional cost.
- Refurbished systems have a standard 30 day warranty on parts & labor.
- If anything goes wrong, just bring the system and the warranty info into the shop and we will fix it ASAP.
Do you also repair business systems?
Yes, we repair systems for businesses all over Rhode Island. We can either come to your site, or you can bring the system to us. If you require the system for daily business use, then we can expedite your repair to the best of our ability.
Can you fix my computer remotely?
Yes, we have a utility on our website called “Remote.” You must have a high speed connection, such as Cox or Comcast in order for us to connect.You must call ahead before connecting and charges may apply.
Do you offer Onsite Services?
Yes, you must call ahead in order to set up a time that is good for a tech and yourself. We charge per hour and will not service any homes or business outside a 15 mile radius of the store.
You can also give us a call at 401-762-0660 or e-mail us.